Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Artist

http://fiberartsmixedmedia.ning.com/profile/jeanne



You know being an artist is hard.

Ah you thought it was all brushes with little dabs of color

and Patrick Swayze sitting behind you while soft clay swirled in your hands.

Let me explain…..

There comes a time when EVERYTHING IS ART. Or can be used for ART.

Or something creative. I.E. Paper for instance. I got into international collage postcard trading (Thanks to Lu Ellen).

Each month is a different theme, so every time I see something colorful or vivid I save it in a little envelope at work. When these little envelopes get full I being them home.

I now have 32 little envies at home filled with fuzzy, curly, cute and vivid pieces of paper.

That is not the worst part. While making a collage you inevitably have to cut some of these vivid papers into shapes to fit or match your theme. Now these littler pieces fall to the counter top and start to make there own abstract design.

NOW YOU CAN’T GET RID OF THEM EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the sharpenings from my color pencils can also make a great
Masterpiece.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH WILL THE MADDNESS EVER END?

No comments: