Wednesday, February 4, 2009











I started to try something new. "Encaustic" painting. I had seen it done on you tube videos and on line in some of my groups. It looked so beautifully vivid and abstract, so I thought it was right up my alley.
I am a little frugal when it comes to spending money on something new; so of course I went through my "Junk drawer" and gathered up all the crayons that the kids had dumped in there over the years. Happy with my "found" colors I proceeded to try the encaustic method. Above you see the first of my offerings.
These were taken with my cell phone, so they don't come out as beautifully vivid as they really are.
I am in an international altered post card club that sends post cards around the world every month. So these are already in the mail box on their way to their new owners.
I will next time try to take pictures before they are on their way out with my 8.0 pixel camera instead of a little cell phone camera.
Any how it was lots of fun!!!!!!

2 comments:

jonio said...

These are just a big WOW!!! I've got to try this. Oh, BTW, if there are any thrift shops or Dollar Trees (everything is a dollar) check these spots out for cheap crayons. Sometimes you can get big ziploc bags full at the thrift shops here for under $2. These are great - keep it up - can't wait to see what you create next!!!

My name is Cindy said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog, I will include you in the draw even though you didn't choose your ATCs - you can do it later if you win!!

I just love the colours and effects you have got with these!! I have tried encaustic but not that good at it, but these might inspire me to get it out and try again.